Welcome to Bossa! We’re an immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves - Bossians!), who create extraordinary games that millions of people love, play and share every day.
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, BAFTA-winning studio behind several critically acclaimed hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming culture (Shhh… I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread, Hogwash, Monstermind, and the yet to be launched I Am Fish.
At the heart of Bossa’s unique way of working - whether that’s ideation, development or even marketing - is a genuine passion for connecting through humour, amongst our teams, with our players, and with all the influencers and creators around the world who regularly play Bossa games to their audiences.
We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. We believe that’s the only way to build legacy and games that are truly fun and relevant to people’s lives.
So, are you ready to become part of our movement? Are you ready to be challenged to take your creativity to the next level? Are you ready to join Bossa and aid us in our ongoing pursuit to make millions of people happier every day?
If so, we might just have the perfect role for you...
The Software Developer In Test (usually known as SDET) role is to work with the development team to create frameworks and environments which support and accelerate the testing of the games under development at Bossa. This role is particularly focused on improving the automated testing systems across our projects and is critical to efficient game testing. This is a recently created role at Bossa and provides a lot of opportunities to establish best practices and grow the role of automation in the company.
- Good C#
- Experience with Unity (Unity3d) automated testing.
- Experience with Video game development tools.
- Jenkins or Gitlab CI experience.
- Good ability to communicate technical concepts to less technical team members
- Bonus points for
- PHP experience
- SQL experience.
- Experience working on automated testing in a production project (ideally games).
- Any further DevOps related skills(e.g. automating builds, automating deployments)
- Good understanding of the different disciplines in game development
- Good knowledge of Jira would be a bonus (Especially any admin capacity stuff)
- Any knowledge of Automated testing/development frameworks (e.g. TDD or BDD)
- Annual Holiday Allowance - 22 days, to increase 1 day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days. We also shut between Christmas & New Year on top of that allowance, to make sure everyone has a real break.
- Private Medical Insurance – Provided by Vitality
- Life Assurance – Tax free lump sum payment of 4 x annual salary
- Pension Scheme – We match up to 5%
- EMI Share Scheme - Generous lump sum of shares awarded upon joining which will vest over a 4 year period
- Flexible Working - Bossians now have the ability to work from home permanently if they'd prefer, and for those who still want that office environment the office is open and ready for them
- Supportive family policies - 6 months fully paid maternity leave and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Helpline
- Cyclescheme - up to £1,000 loan deducted from monthly salary over 12 month period
- Discounted gym membership
- Travel to Work Loan – Loan deducted from monthly salary over 10 or 12 month period
- Food - For those who wish to go in, free snacks, fruit and drinks in the office
- Social Events - We have fantastic company culture and loads of fun social events, lots of which are now happening digitally.