Here at Bossa we are driven by doing things differently, creatively, with edge, with charm and with flair.
We are continuing to grow and the fast paced environment offers the opportunity for a creative Senior UI Artist who is looking to help shape the visual identity for the user interface experience for our brand new project. You will work closely with the Art Director, Art Leads and Production team to produce well realised and well executed interface and graphic design tasks to support our products.
As a member of a multidisciplinary development team, the successful candidate will bring exceptional visual flair to all interface artwork and representation of the product. You will do this by understanding the value of the product along with the visual direction set out to be able to put forward valid and unique ideas that will create a distinct and accessible identity.
- 4+ years of experience working within a UI Art function in an autonomous position within a console studio.
- Highly organised and self motivated, you are able to manage your own schedule as well as coordinate with others to understand dependencies and be proactive in pushing the product forward.
- Focused, but adaptable, flexible and open to change.
- You are able to supply solutions and ideas to problems.
- Be a team player who goes above and beyond to support those around them
- At least two products shipped as a UI Artist.
- Strong portfolio which demonstrates a great understanding of graphic design skills (colour theory, composition, typography etc) and UI interface execution within a console or PC title.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with Leads of different departments.
- A proven track-record in developing exceptional UI experiences from start to finish.
- A passion for great UX design and accessibility in games.
- Can demonstrate knowledge of the technical constraints relating to user interface design within a game engine.
- Ability to take designs from wireframes or mockups into game engines like Unity, Unreal or Cryengine and implement final setup including any animations and VFX. Unity experience preferred.
- Experience working cross functionally and managing stakeholders.
- Passion for making games.
- Work with the Art, Design and Code team to design and implement effective interface designs throughout the product.
- Create logos that define the product's vision and stamp an identity in the marketplace.
- Create marketing assets for all platforms together with the art teams assets where needed.
- Create and refine presentation material to help visualise communication internally and externally.
- Lead the UI function within the studio.
- Annual Holiday Allowance – 22 days, to increase 1 day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days. We also shut between Christmas and New Year on top of that allowance, to make sure everyone has a real break.
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental – Provided by BUPA
- Life Assurance – Tax free lump sum payment of 4 x annual salary
- Pension Scheme – We match up to 5%
- EMI Share Scheme – Generous lump sum of shares awarded upon joining which will vest over a 4 year period
- Flexible Working – Bossians now have the ability to work from home permanently.
- Supportive family policies – 6 months fully paid maternity leave and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24/7 Helpline
- Cyclescheme – up to £1,000 loan deducted from monthly salary over 12 month period
- Discounted gym membership
- Social Events – We have fantastic company culture and loads of fun social events, lots of which are now happening digitally and in-person.
**All benefits mentioned above are specific to the UK and may vary based on the country you are located in.**
Welcome to Bossa! We’re an immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves - Bossians!), who create extraordinary games that millions of people love, play and share every day.
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, BAFTA-winning studio behind several critically acclaimed hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming culture (Shhh... I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread, Hogwash, Monstermind, and the most recently launched I Am Fish.
At the heart of Bossa’s unique way of working - whether that’s ideation, development or even marketing - is a genuine passion for connecting through humour, amongst our teams, with our players, and with all the influencers and creators around the world who regularly play Bossa games to their audiences.
We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. We believe that’s the only way to build legacy and games that are truly fun and relevant to people’s lives.
If that sounds ideal to you, this might be the perfect role for you!