Welcome to Bossa! We’re an immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves - Bossians!), who create extraordinary games that millions of people love, play and share every day.
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, BAFTA-winning studio behind several critically acclaimed hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming culture (Shhh… I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread, Hogwash, Monstermind, and the yet to be launched I Am Fish.
At the heart of Bossa’s unique way of working - whether that’s ideation, development or even marketing - is a genuine passion for connecting through humour, amongst our teams, with our players, and with all the influencers and creators around the world who regularly play Bossa games to their audiences.
We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. We believe that’s the only way to build legacy and games that are truly fun and relevant to people’s lives.
So, are you ready to become part of our movement? Are you ready to be challenged to take your creativity to the next level? Are you ready to join Bossa and aid us in our ongoing pursuit to make millions of people happier every day?
If so, we might just have the perfect role for you...
As part of the production team, you will be responsible for leading our brand new game team. You are a seasoned producer with a great track record, looking to make your next move up and take on a new challenge. Additionally, you will be comfortable working in a dynamic and creative environment, focusing on effectiveness to help reduce the trade-offs between quality, time and costs.
- Alignment. Orienting cross-disciplinary teams towards clear, shared goals and priorities that are clearly connected to the game’s vision and mission.
- Leadership. Leading a team of highly-skilled individuals by creating a collaborative environment for them to be motivated and engaged, achieving amazing results for the game and themselves.
- Live game operations. Guiding sustainable pace and priorities based on qualitative and quantitative input from the players and game team.
- Communication. Maintaining robust and frequent communications with the team, peers and key stakeholders, and supporting the flow and availability of information.
- Planning. Production planning and tracking for the game development team, including managing known risks.
- Budget. Budget planning and tracking for the project.
- Visibility. Supporting high levels of awareness and access to the status of the game for the wider studio.
Evolving production. Trying new approaches, sharing learnings, and mentoring other producers in their growth areas.
- A strong passion for games.
- Proficient in aligning teams towards shared purposes, goals and priorities, using robust approaches rather than instructing or manually coordinating tasks.
- Effective leadership, with an open and inclusive approach, and the ability to adjust based on team feedback and needs.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to collaborate with the various game team disciplines.
- Growth mindset - the drive to seek out new information, new approaches, and the desire to learn and challenge your existing assumptions.
- Proficient in applying and supporting agile/lean and sequential delivery principles and practices.
- Ability to see the bigger picture, and help teams and stakeholders “separate the noise from the signals”.
- Proficient in managing budget and staffing plans.
- Experience of managing one or more full game development cycles, from concept to launch
- Experience in managing a live game with regular updates and sustainable quality
- Experience with both agile and dependency-driven development approaches
- Multi-platform experience
- Experience with different business models
- Experience working with new and evolving technologies
- Annual Holiday Allowance - 22 days, to increase 1 day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days. We also shut between Christmas & New Year on top of that allowance, to make sure everyone has a real break.
- Private Medical Insurance – Provided by Vitality
- Life Assurance – Tax free lump sum payment of 4 x annual salary
- Pension Scheme – We match up to 5%
- EMI Share Scheme - Generous lump sum of shares awarded upon joining which will vest over a 4 year period
- Flexible Working - Bossians now have the ability to work from home permanently if they'd prefer, and for those who still want that office environment the office is open and ready for them
- Supportive family policies - 6 months fully paid maternity leave and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Helpline
- Cyclescheme - up to £1,000 loan deducted from monthly salary over 12 month period
- Discounted gym membership
- Travel to Work Loan – Loan deducted from monthly salary over 10 or 12 month period
- Food - For those who wish to go in, free snacks, fruit and drinks in the office
- Social Events - We have fantastic company culture and loads of fun social events, lots of which are now happening digitally.