Welcome to Bossa! We’re an immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves - Bossians!), who create extraordinary games that millions of people love, play and share every day.
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, BAFTA-winning studio behind several critically acclaimed hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming culture (Shhh… I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread, Hogwash, Monstermind, and the yet to be launched I Am Fish.
At the heart of Bossa’s unique way of working - whether that’s ideation, development or even marketing - is a genuine passion for connecting through humour, amongst our teams, with our players, and with all the influencers and creators around the world who regularly play Bossa games to their audiences.
We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. We believe that’s the only way to build legacy and games that are truly fun and relevant to people’s lives.
So, are you ready to become part of our movement? Are you ready to be challenged to take your creativity to the next level? Are you ready to join Bossa and aid us in our ongoing pursuit to make millions of people happier every day?
If so, we might just have the perfect role for you...
As part of the programming team, and under the guidance of the lead developer, you will help develop the gameplay and functionality of “Surgeon SImulator 2”, contributing to and supporting the efforts of the design and art teams and stakeholders. You have experience in gameplay programming, specifically in the area of real-time physics-based gameplay. You have developed on multiple platforms and are familiar with the production environment. You are open, responsive, professionally minded and able to consider multiple points of view and methodologies in the search for solutions. You know Unity well and have excellent C# programming skills. You understand the limitations of Object Orientated Programming and are aware of the alternatives.
- Coding in C# in the Unity game engine.
- Contributing to Design of code architecture
- Development of tools to support development where necessary
- Diagnosing and fixing software defects
- Optimisation of software components
- Refactoring of existing software as required
- Ensuring quality of the code you write, in terms of performance, flexibility, readability and maintainability
Contributing to Bossa through other activities and opportunities beyond the project itself
- You are able to weigh up different perspectives in solving complex problems involving multiple factors
- You are an open and confident communicator
- You have good ideas about best practices but are also able to adapt and change those practices to refine them or adapt to new circumstances.
- You have a service-oriented mindset - you get a kick out of contributions that help push the project forward
- You understand and enjoy the process of video game development
- You are able to handle the pressures of a production environment
- You have a good understanding of mathematics relating to vectors
- You enjoy working in a cross-disciplinary team
- Game programming and development in a production environment
- Excellent working knowledge of Unity 3D and C#
- Development and tuning of physical-based gameplay
- Worked previously on a multiplayer game
- Use of Git in combination with Unity in a production
- Cross-platform development
- Annual Holiday Allowance - 22 days, to increase 1 day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days. We also shut between Christmas & New Year on top of that allowance, to make sure everyone has a real break.
- Private Medical Insurance – Provided by Vitality
- Life Assurance – Tax free lump sum payment of 4 x annual salary
- Pension Scheme – We match up to 5%
- EMI Share Scheme - Generous lump sum of shares awarded upon joining which will vest over a 4 year period
- Flexible Working - Bossians now have the ability to work from home permanently if they'd prefer, and for those who still want that office environment the office is open and ready for them
- Supportive family policies - 6 months fully paid maternity leave and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Helpline
- Cyclescheme - up to £1,000 loan deducted from monthly salary over 12 month period
- Discounted gym membership
- Travel to Work Loan – Loan deducted from monthly salary over 10 or 12 month period
- Food - For those who wish to go in, free snacks, fruit and drinks in the office
- Social Events - We have fantastic company culture and loads of fun social events, lots of which are now happening digitally.