Welcome to Bossa! We’re an immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves - Bossians!), who create extraordinary games that millions of people love, play and share every day.
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, BAFTA-winning studio behind several critically acclaimed hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming culture (Shhh… I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread, Hogwash, Monstermind, and the yet to be launched I Am Fish.
At the heart of Bossa’s unique way of working - whether that’s ideation, development or even marketing - is a genuine passion for connecting through humour, amongst our teams, with our players, and with all the influencers and creators around the world who regularly play Bossa games to their audiences.
We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. We believe that’s the only way to build legacy and games that are truly fun and relevant to people’s lives.
So, are you ready to become part of our movement? Are you ready to be challenged to take your creativity to the next level? Are you ready to join Bossa and aid us in our ongoing pursuit to make millions of people happier every day?
If so, we might just have the perfect role for you...
We have a fantastic opportunity for an individual who has a passion for quality assurance, game testing and games in general. The role will be perfect for a person who can apply a methodological and inquisitive approach to improve the quality of our games.
- Collaborating with team members in order to proactively identify potential issues and resolve issues as early in the development process as possible.
- Testing game mechanics and features and providing clear, concise feedback to collaborating team members and Senior/Lead QA as needed.
- Maintaining and suggesting improvements to standards of testing, including reviewing created bugs, test plans and other work output.
- Managing bug tracking from discovery to resolution, highlighting key issues to the development team and Senior/Lead QA where appropriate in order to improve quality.
- Actively participating in daily stand-up meetings to relay progress or issues, where required.
- Curation and maintenance of test documentation for assigned projects.
- Participate in peer reviews during the interview process for new staff hires as needed.
- Ability to identify potential improvements and/or gaps in testing and strive for continuous improvement in testing on assigned projects.
- Attention to detail with an inquisitive mindset, not afraid to ask difficult questions or inquire about rationale in decisions.
- Ability to prioritise work based on multiple sources of information, with excellent time management skills.
- The ability to work autonomously with confidence when required.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- Aptitude for gaining understanding in new technologies and processes quickly.
- Experience with a QA team at a games development studio, development partner or equivalent.
- (Optional) Prior experience of testing live/service-based games and/or multiplayer games.
- (Optional) Prior experience in compliance testing (console and/or mobile platforms).
- (Optional) Prior experience with Unity, Jenkins, Git
- Annual Holiday Allowance - 22 days, to increase 1 day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days
- Private Medical Insurance – Provided by Bupa
- Life Assurance – Tax free lump sum payment of 4 x annual salary
- Pension Scheme – We match up to 5%
- EMI Share Scheme - Generous lump sum of shares awarded upon joining which will vest over a 4 year period
- Flexible Working - Work from home days and flexible core hours 10.00-16.00 (standard hours 09.30-18.00)
- Supportive family policies - 6 months fully paid maternity leave and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Helpline
- Cyclescheme - up to £1,000 loan deducted from monthly salary over 12 month period
- Discounted gym membership
- Travel to Work Loan – Loan deducted from monthly salary over 10 or 12 month period
- Food - Free snacks, fruit and drinks
- Social Events - We have fantastic company culture and loads of fun social events
Bossa is leading a movement of creativity-first. We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. But to excel at this we need folk from all corners of the world and walks of life. Our policy means that we are committed to diversity and inclusion beyond any legal minimums and all Bossians work together to create the ideal environment for making games and celebrating the diversity that requires.