Welcome to Bossa!
We’re an immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves - Bossians!), who create extraordinary games that millions of people love, play and share every day.
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, BAFTA-winning studio behind several critically acclaimed hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming culture (Shhh… I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread, Hogwash, Monstermind, and the yet to be launched I Am Fish.
At the heart of Bossa’s unique way of working - whether that’s ideation, development or even marketing - is a genuine passion for connecting through humour, amongst our teams, with our players, and with all the influencers and creators around the world who regularly play Bossa games to their audiences.
We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. We believe that’s the only way to build legacy and games that are truly fun and relevant to people’s lives.
So, are you ready to become part of our movement? Are you ready to be challenged to take your creativity to the next level? Are you ready to join Bossa and aid us in our ongoing pursuit to make millions of people happier every day?
If so, we might just have the perfect role for you...
We have a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned QA Technician with a passion for constant improvement in quality assurance. The role focuses on aligning the quality assurance efforts across one of our games, collaborating with team leads, and leading both internal staff and external partners.
We are looking for individuals who bring a growth and learning mindset to our QA teams, and can find a balance of speed and inclusivity. Your approach will help set the future of Bossa’s culture and mindset around consistently delivering quality for our players.
- Coordinating the overall efforts for testing and delivering quality of a game, taking a holistic view of development in collaboration with other lead roles, and working with both internal staff and external partners.
- Creating the testing strategy for the game based on its vision, risks and roadmap, covering staffing/partners and capabilities, processes, tools, and opportunities for automated testing.
- Partnering closely with engineering and production to improve the effectiveness of the strategy’s implementation during development, based on team data and retrospectives.
- Actively participate in long-term planning in collaboration with producers and product managers.
- Create and support a healthy, open and learning-oriented team environment, actively addressing misalignment or role siloing.
- Line management and mentoring of QA Technicians and Sr. QA Technicians, guiding their growth and development and identifying support through training, cross-mentoring and external knowledge.
- Facilitate and support knowledge-sharing across projects to create value for other teams.
- Ability to mentor and guide QA staff on testing methods and processes and lead by example
- Ability to continuously identify and implement improvements in testing using an inclusive and open approach
- Attention to detail with an inquisitive mindset, not afraid to question or challenge current thinking and approaches where required
- Ability to collaborate effectively with the various roles in game development, understanding specific needs or concerns and factoring them into your approach
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Aptitude for gaining understanding in new technologies and processes quickly
- 2+ years of Senior QA experience (hands-on testing) within an embedded QA team at a games development studio
- Experience in creating and evolving test plans
- Experience with Steam, Epic, Sony and/or Microsoft platforms and requirements
- Familiarity or direct experience with Unity, Jenkins and Git
- Experience in working alongside or coordinating external QA partners
- Prior experience of team leadership, within an embedded QA team a definite plus
- (Optional) Prior experience of testing multiplayer online games
- Annual Holiday Allowance - 22 days, to increase 1 day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days. We also shut between Christmas & New Year on top of that allowance, to make sure everyone has a real break.
- Private Medical Insurance – Provided by Vitality
- Life Assurance – Tax free lump sum payment of 4 x annual salary
- Pension Scheme – We match up to 5%
- EMI Share Scheme - Generous lump sum of shares awarded upon joining which will vest over a 4 year period
- Flexible Working - Bossians now have the ability to work from home permanently if they'd prefer, and for those who still want that office environment the office is open and ready for them
- Supportive family policies - 6 months fully paid maternity leave and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Helpline
- Cyclescheme - up to £1,000 loan deducted from monthly salary over 12 month period
- Discounted gym membership
- Travel to Work Loan – Loan deducted from monthly salary over 10 or 12 month period
- Food - For those who wish to go in, free snacks, fruit and drinks in the office
- Social Events - We have fantastic company culture and loads of fun social events, lots of which are now happening digitally.