Welcome to Bossa! We’re an immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves - Bossians!), who create extraordinary games that millions of people love, play and share every day.
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, BAFTA-winning studio behind several critically acclaimed hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming culture (Shhh… I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread, Hogwash, Monstermind, and the yet to be launched I Am Fish.
At the heart of Bossa’s unique way of working - whether that’s ideation, development or even marketing - is a genuine passion for connecting through humour, amongst our teams, with our players, and with all the influencers and creators around the world who regularly play Bossa games to their audiences.
We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. We believe that’s the only way to build legacy and games that are truly fun and relevant to people’s lives.
So, are you ready to become part of our movement? Are you ready to be challenged to take your creativity to the next level? Are you ready to join Bossa and aid us in our ongoing pursuit to make millions of people happier every day?
If so, we might just have the perfect role for you..
We are currently looking for a Marketing Director to lead the Marketing team as we move to a potentially pivotal point of growth here at Bossa and strengthen our Publishing capabilities.
You are an experienced games executive marketer, being comfortable with the uncomfortable, having an appetite for constant growth, experimentation and speed of execution. Have a huge passion for understanding consumer behaviour and their finger on the pulse of gaming trends and the cultural shifts of the wider market. You’ll know what great looks like when it comes to storytelling, messaging that touches hearts and minds, and key marketing, PR, influencers & community channels. Excellent communication and negotiation skills will be second nature to you and being an inspiring leader and team player is always a top priority.
- Lead the marketing team with good vision of the marketplace, balancing commerciality with branding for each game
- Evolve Bossa’s Marketing Strategy to take our games into the hands and hearts of millions of players worldwide
- Establish and evolve the key expertise that needs to be in-house vs with external agencies/freelancers, while rolling their sleeves when required
- Ensure the team is high performing, and work collaboratively with stakeholders across the studio as a key member of our senior management team
- Be an active voice and relevant marketing point of view when it comes to product decisions from ideation to live operations
- Raise the bar in strategic thinking, attention to details and high standards of creative execution that can impact revenues and engagement
- Rapidly iterate on strategies and execution, always challenging the internal and external teams to be innovative and always learn
- Ensure the team is up to speed on the latest strategies and tactics that will elevate our output and contribution to growth and engagement of players across all touchpoint
- Benchmark and identify what's best in the market and implement what's relevant for us with the drive of always improving
- Inspire and empower the team to create and execute campaigns that wow audiences, help our games grow and communities to flourish
- You have successfully launched and grown audiences for premium and freemium games on PC and consoles
- Have successfully led and built high performing yet creative Marketing teams
- Have worked as a leader of all functions, channels and customer touchpoints of marketing (UA, PR, social, player research, community, brand)
- Have a background in establishing key messaging for games to touch the hearts and minds of players, communities and journalists
- Have launched or led multiple successful and out of the box / creative campaigns without millions in budget
- Have established budgets considering the ideal marketing mix and media/production for a title to be launched and/or grow constantly
- Have worked in companies that have a startup mindset, fast-paced and where a great amount of data was not easily available. A place where decisions often had to be based on their deep understanding of where the market is going, the product, consumer, ideal positioning for it to succeed and marketing channels
- Annual Holiday Allowance - 22 days, to increase 1 day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days. We also shut between Christmas & New Year on top of that allowance, to make sure everyone has a real break.
- Private Medical Insurance – Provided by Vitality
- Life Assurance – Tax free lump sum payment of 4 x annual salary
- Pension Scheme – We match up to 5%
- EMI Share Scheme - Generous lump sum of shares awarded upon joining which will vest over a 4 year period
- Flexible Working - Bossians now have the ability to work from home permanently if they'd prefer, and for those who still want that office environment the office is open and ready for them
- Supportive family policies - 6 months fully paid maternity leave and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Helpline
- Cyclescheme - up to £1,000 loan deducted from monthly salary over 12 month period
- Discounted gym membership
- Travel to Work Loan – Loan deducted from monthly salary over 10 or 12 month period
- Food - For those who wish to go in, free snacks, fruit and drinks in the office
- Social Events - We have fantastic company culture and loads of fun social events, lots of which are now happening digitally.