Welcome to Bossa! We’re an immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves - Bossians!), who create extraordinary games that millions of people love, play and share every day.
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, BAFTA-winning studio behind several critically acclaimed hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming culture (Shhh… I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread, Hogwash, Monstermind, and the yet to be launched I Am Fish.
At the heart of Bossa’s unique way of working - whether that’s ideation, development or even marketing - is a genuine passion for connecting through humour, amongst our teams, with our players, and with all the influencers and creators around the world who regularly play Bossa games to their audiences.
We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. We believe that’s the only way to build legacy and games that are truly fun and relevant to people’s lives.
So, are you ready to join Bossa on a 3 month fixed term basis and aid us in our ongoing pursuit to make millions of people happier every day?
If so, we might just have the perfect role for you...
We're looking for someone who is immediately available to support the Financial Controller in the key areas of financial accounting and management at Bossa Studios, ensuring the efficient running of the finance department. You will be a self-starter and require little supervision once settled in, be used to month-end closes and very comfortable using MS Office, G-Suite (Googlesheets) and ideally Quickbooks Online. You will also be able to navigate various systems and data sources and be able to draw upon your skills and experiences to maintain Bossa’s financial controls and processes.
- Managing day-to-day transactions (AP/AR)
- Preparing weekly treasury updates
- Undertaking the month-end close (sending out monthly timesheet, revenue accruals, Fixed Assets, prepayments, interco recs, cost accruals; bank account reconciliations, month end journals such as payroll)
- Preparing monthly management accounts - profit & loss to budget
- Assist with monthly payroll
- Supporting the Financial Controller with the monthly reforecasting process – updating departmental budgets
- Track spending – posting expenses to the correct budget
- Maintain current financial business controls & processes
- Qualified/near-qualified management accountant (CIMA, ACCA)
- Strong computer skills – Excel, Googlesheets & Quickbooks Online
- Good understanding of VAT
- Analytical and logical problem-solving skills
- Experience of working to a monthly timeline and hitting deadlines
- Ability to identify process deficiencies and improve them
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to explain financial information in a clear way to non-financial audiences
- Honesty, integrity and discretion
- Team-working skills
- Highly organised
● Knowledge of Spendesk and Procurement Express
● Interest in video games
- Annual Holiday Allowance - 22 days, to increase 1 day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days. We also shut between Christmas & New Year on top of that allowance, to make sure everyone has a real break.
- Private Medical Insurance – Provided by Vitality
- Life Assurance – Tax free lump sum payment of 4 x annual salary
- Pension Scheme – We match up to 5%
- EMI Share Scheme - Generous lump sum of shares awarded upon joining which will vest over a 4 year period
- Flexible Working - Bossians now have the ability to work from home permanently if they'd prefer, and for those who still want that office environment the office is open and ready for them
- Supportive family policies - 6 months fully paid maternity leave and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Helpline
- Cyclescheme - up to £1,000 loan deducted from monthly salary over 12 month period
- Discounted gym membership
- Travel to Work Loan – Loan deducted from monthly salary over 10 or 12 month period
- Food - For those who wish to go in, free snacks, fruit and drinks in the office
- Social Events - We have fantastic company culture and loads of fun social events, lots of which are now happening digitally.