Welcome to Bossa! We’re an immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves - Bossians!), who create extraordinary games that millions of people love, play and share every day.
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, BAFTA-winning studio behind several critically acclaimed hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming culture (Shhh… I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread, Hogwash, Monstermind, and the yet to be launched I Am Fish.
At the heart of Bossa’s unique way of working - whether that’s ideation, development or even marketing - is a genuine passion for connecting through humour, amongst our teams, with our players, and with all the influencers and creators around the world who regularly play Bossa games to their audiences.
We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. We believe that’s the only way to build legacy and games that are truly fun and relevant to people’s lives.
So, are you ready to become part of our movement? Are you ready to be challenged to take your creativity to the next level? Are you ready to join Bossa and aid us in our ongoing pursuit to make millions of people happier every day?
If so, we might just have the perfect role for you...
As the Technical Lead of the Bossa Server team, you will be responsible for growing and mentoring the team. The Server team updates and maintains the online services and servers used to support our online games. You should have a proven record of technical leadership and great technical knowledge of Online services and infrastructure. You can handle difficult problems and offer new and innovative solutions. You can foster an environment where your team can too.
- Provide technical leadership to the development team, helping to deliver quality software within approved deadlines.
- Coding online services for our players as well as tools for your colleagues to build great games.
- Designing code architecture, implementing, debugging, optimizing system to extend the game services feature set.
- Ensuring quality of the code you write, supporting game teams in creating amazing gameplay experiences in a clean, efficient, and polished way.
- Helping your team at large with solving technical issues.
- Supporting your fellow programmers with code, design reviews and mentoring.
Participating in all of bossa’s games life cycles with suggestions and feedback as well as generating new game concepts during our regular gamejams.
- Care for providing scalable, reliable service to our players and internal users.
- Yearning for improvement through honest feedback from your peers and the community.
- The belief that “the best way” is not written in stone and changes for the better are welcome.
- Passion for playing games.
- Creative, innovative, and conscientious in solving complex technical problems.
- Focused but adaptable; flexible and open to change within a fast-paced team environment.
- Experience leading small/medium size teams.
- Experience with releasing live Java applications (using any frameworks) and REST services.
- Experience with both No-SQL and SQL Databases.
- Experience with Python, Java, Scala, Cloud technologies (AWS, Google, Azure).
- Experience with building a simple front end for admin purposes.
- Experience with Unit testing, CI and continuous deployment.
- Experience with rapid prototyping and agile or iterative development.
- Used to work in teams, with an appreciation for all the different skills needed to build software.
- Comfortable use of Source control.
- Annual Holiday Allowance - 22 days, to increase 1 day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days. We also shut between Christmas & New Year on top of that allowance, to make sure everyone has a real break.
- Private Medical Insurance – Provided by Vitality
- Life Assurance – Tax free lump sum payment of 4 x annual salary
- Pension Scheme – We match up to 5%
- EMI Share Scheme - Generous lump sum of shares awarded upon joining which will vest over a 4 year period
- Flexible Working - Bossians now have the ability to work from home permanently if they'd prefer, and for those who still want that office environment the office is open and ready for them
- Supportive family policies - 6 months fully paid maternity leave and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Helpline
- Cyclescheme - up to £1,000 loan deducted from monthly salary over 12 month period
- Discounted gym membership
- Travel to Work Loan – Loan deducted from monthly salary over 10 or 12 month period
- Food - For those who wish to go in, free snacks, fruit and drinks in the office
- Social Events - We have fantastic company culture and loads of fun social events, lots of which are now happening digitally.