Here at Bossa Games we are looking for a passionate Lead Game Developer who will provide leadership to the development team of one of our new and unannounced games all the way through launch and beyond. You will help direct the technology on the project with the advice of the CTO, while supporting the team developing this groundbreaking game and technology. You are a seasoned lead programmer who can handle difficult problems and bring your development experience into new and innovative solutions.
- Provide technical leadership to the development team, helping to deliver quality software within approved deadlines.
- Communicate with project stakeholders, team members and external partners to ensure smooth development and visibility.
- Ensure quality of the code you and the team write, creating amazing gameplay experiences in a clean, efficient, and polished way.
- Help your team at large with solving technical issues.
- Lead by example and champion the project’s culture, production and development processes.
- Participate in all of Bossa’s games life cycles with suggestions and feedback as well as generating new game concepts during our game-jams.
- Innovative and creative approaches to solving complex technical problems.
- Focused but adaptable; flexible and open to change within a fast-paced team environment.
- Experience leading medium size teams.
- Experience with delivering code for games, having shipped at least 3 complete games for 6-10 years as an individual contributor or a Lead.
- Experience with rapid prototyping and agile or iterative game development.
- Used to work in teams, with an appreciation for all the different skills needed to build a game.
- Proven track record of providing great experience to players, proving out great ideas never seen before and growing them together with a gaming community.
- Experience with making games with Unity using C# for a few years.
- Experience with Git, CI/CD pipelines, Automated testing.
- Strong experience with development of multiplayer systems.
- Interest or experience with Procedural content generation a plus
- Annual Holiday Allowance - 22 days, to increase 1 day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days.
- Private Medical Insurance – Provided by Bupa
- Life Assurance – Tax free lump sum payment of 4 x annual salary
- Pension Scheme – We match up to 5%
- EMI Share Scheme - Generous lump sum of shares awarded upon joining which will vest over a 4 year period
- Flexible Working - Work from home days and flexible core hours 10.00-16.00 (standard hours 09.30-18.00)
- Supportive family policies - 6 months fully paid maternity leave and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Helpline
- Cyclescheme - up to £1,000 loan deducted from monthly salary over 12 month period
- Discounted gym membership
- Social Events - We have fantastic company culture and loads of fun social events
**All benefits mentioned above are specific to the UK and may vary based on the country you are located in.**
Welcome to Bossa! We’re an immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves - Bossians!), who create extraordinary games that millions of people love, play and share every day.
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, BAFTA-winning studio behind several critically acclaimed hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming culture (Shhh... I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread, Hogwash, Monstermind, and the most recently launched I Am Fish.
At the heart of Bossa’s unique way of working - whether that’s ideation, development or even marketing - is a genuine passion for connecting through humour, amongst our teams, with our players, and with all the influencers and creators around the world who regularly play Bossa games to their audiences.
We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. We believe that’s the only way to build legacy and games that are truly fun and relevant to people’s lives.
If that sounds ideal to you, this might be the perfect role for you!