Welcome to Bossa! We’re an immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves - Bossians!), who create extraordinary games that millions of people love, play and share every day.
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, BAFTA-winning studio behind several critically acclaimed hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming culture (Shhh… I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread, Hogwash, Monstermind, and the yet to be launched I Am Fish.
At the heart of Bossa’s unique way of working - whether that’s ideation, development or even marketing - is a genuine passion for connecting through humour, amongst our teams, with our players, and with all the influencers and creators around the world who regularly play Bossa games to their audiences.
We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. We believe that’s the only way to build legacy and games that are truly fun and relevant to people’s lives.
So, are you ready to become part of our movement? Are you ready to be challenged to take your creativity to the next level? Are you ready to join Bossa and aid us in our ongoing pursuit to make millions of people happier every day?
If so, we might just have the perfect role for you...
The Bossa team is driven by doing things differently, creatively, with edge, with charm and with flair.
The company is continuing to grow and the fast paced environment offers the opportunity to a creative individual who is looking to be the Art Lead on a brand new project. You will work closely with the Art Director and Production team and be given the opportunity to contribute and shape the project's artistic direction.
As a member of a multidisciplinary development team, the Lead Artist will collaborate with the Studio Art Director to establish artistic goals for the project. The candidate will be in charge of following their art team’s work, coach team members, and validate production outcomes while overseeing and taking part in the development of the game.
What we are looking for in you:
- Passion for making game art.
- T-Shape person - Can you show us your breadth of knowledge across the art discipline, things like UI/UX as well as something you excel in like environment design or character creation.
- Highly organized and self motivated, you are able to manage your own schedule as well as coordinate with others to manage the teams schedules.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Focused, but adaptable, flexible and open to change.
- You take pride in your work and strive to continually improve your skills and the skills of those around you.
- You are able to supply solutions and ideas to problems.
- Be a team player who goes above and beyond to support those around them
- Have a good sense of humour
- At least one product shipped as a lead artist and 2 or years in the role is a bonus.
- Strong portfolio which demonstrates understanding of latest 3D creation software quality over quantity.
- Knowledge of the technical constraints relating to real time, the 3D engines, and level editors.
habits and structure for the team.
- Work with the Art Director to understand, evangelise and be able to communicate the product values and translate them into meaningful tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with Leads of different departments.
- Great and measurable understanding of Unity, Unreal or Cryengine, production methodologies and game design processes.
- Help to develop and then maintain the visual direction for a given project from conception to completion.
- Responsible for the overall quality and technical validation of the assets your team produces.
- Set high standards for visual fidelity and minimal technical debt with good working
- Together with the Art Director make sure the team are skilled to the highest level and continue to excel in their discipline.
- Manage your direct reports and together with the Art Director and other leads Mentor the art team around you.
- Help in the hiring process to find and onboard an inspirational art team.
- Liaise with other key members of staff to facilitate the day to day operation of the art team within the studio
- Annual Holiday Allowance - 22 days, to increase 1 day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days. We also shut between Christmas & New Year on top of that allowance, to make sure everyone has a real break.
- Private Medical Insurance – Provided by Vitality
- Life Assurance – Tax free lump sum payment of 4 x annual salary
- Pension Scheme – We match up to 5%
- EMI Share Scheme - Generous lump sum of shares awarded upon joining which will vest over a 4 year period
- Flexible Working - Bossians now have the ability to work from home permanently if they'd prefer, and for those who still want that office environment the office is open and ready for them
- Supportive family policies - 6 months fully paid maternity leave and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Helpline
- Cyclescheme - up to £1,000 loan deducted from monthly salary over 12 month period
- Discounted gym membership
- Travel to Work Loan – Loan deducted from monthly salary over 10 or 12 month period
- Food - For those who wish to go in, free snacks, fruit and drinks in the office
- Social Events - We have fantastic company culture and loads of fun social events, lots of which are now happening digitally.