Welcome to Bossa! We’re an immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves - Bossians!), who create extraordinary games that millions of people love, play and share every day.
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, BAFTA-winning studio behind several critically acclaimed hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming culture (Shhh… I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread, Hogwash, Monstermind, and the yet to be launched I Am Fish.
At the heart of Bossa’s unique way of working - whether that’s ideation, development or even marketing - is a genuine passion for connecting through humour, amongst our teams, with our players, and with all the influencers and creators around the world who regularly play Bossa games to their audiences.
We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. We believe that’s the only way to build legacy and games that are truly fun and relevant to people’s lives.
So, are you ready to become part of our movement? Are you ready to be challenged to take your creativity to the next level? Are you ready to join Bossa and aid us in our ongoing pursuit to make millions of people happier every day?
If so, we might just have the perfect role for you..
As Head of Internal technologies, you report directly to the CTO and act as a second in command when necessary. Your main focus and remit are technologies supporting our internal customers. This includes but is not limited to IT, build and test systems, internal tools, internal workflows, and automation. You are an experienced technical manager with a deep understanding of game development paradigms and have substantial experience with what makes a productive team. You lead by example and are not afraid to get stuck in when the need arises but have a stakeholder centric approach to development.
- Provide technical leadership to the internal Technology team, helping to scope, plan and deliver quality services within the studio.
- Stakeholder management for internal technologies, building and maintaining trust in your team's ability to deliver quality services.
- Support team growth both in ability and by identifying and addressing future needs in the studio.
- Drive Designing systems that are flexible, resilient, reliable and useful to our teams. Ensuring our set of internal technologies is suitable and valuable to the studio.
- Helping the studio by problem solving. Being proactive but also providing direct support when the circumstances necessitate.
- Coding ability, to support your teams when necessary and leading by example, providing code review and technical mentoring.
- Participating in all of bossa’s games life cycles with suggestions and feedback as well as generating new game concepts during our regular game jams.
- A strong passion for games.
- A customer centric sensitivity.
- Care for providing scalable, reliable services to our internal users.
- Keen and proactive continual improvement through honest feedback from your peers.
- Belief that “the best way” is not written in stone and changes for the better are welcome.
- Creative, innovative, and conscientious in solving complex technical problems.
- Strong Experience leading small/medium size teams.
- Experience managing relationships with external and internal stakeholders at various levels of seniority and technical literacy.
- Strong Experience with game development processes.
- Strong understanding of Continuous Delivery principles and how they can be applied to improve development activities.
Some or all of the following:
- Experience with technical project management.
- Experience with system automation.
- Experience with gitlab, docker, fargate, AWS or similar technologies
- Experience with Game clients, Cloud technologies and varied assortment of programming and scripting languages.
- Wide Experience with support technologies, 3rd party tools APIs integration, and Game engines.
- Annual Holiday Allowance - 22 days, to increase 1 day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days. We also shut between Christmas & New Year on top of that allowance, to make sure everyone has a real break.
- Private Medical Insurance – Provided by Vitality
- Life Assurance – Tax free lump sum payment of 4 x annual salary
- Pension Scheme – We match up to 5%
- EMI Share Scheme - Generous lump sum of shares awarded upon joining which will vest over a 4 year period
- Flexible Working - Bossians now have the ability to work from home permanently if they'd prefer, and for those who still want that office environment the office is open and ready for them
- Supportive family policies - 6 months fully paid maternity leave and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Helpline
- Cyclescheme - up to £1,000 loan deducted from monthly salary over 12 month period
- Discounted gym membership
- Travel to Work Loan – Loan deducted from monthly salary over 10 or 12 month period
- Food - For those who wish to go in, free snacks, fruit and drinks in the office
- Social Events - We have fantastic company culture and loads of fun social events, lots of which are now happening digitally.