Welcome to Bossa Studios!
Our multi-cultural and daring distributed team creates distinctive games that millions of people love, all across the globe. Close collaboration between our teams, our players and our fans is at the heart of our unique way of developing and marketing our games.
If you're an avid gamer, you’ll know us for our top hits including the Surgeon Simulator franchise, I Am Bread, the BAFTA-winning Monstermind, and I Am Fish amongst others.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Head of Community. You’ll be responsible for owning all PR, community & social channels across the full Bossa Studios portfolio.
This newly established position will be the strategic lead for all engagement across our comms channels, community & social platforms, from websites to Discord, Facebook to Twitter & Instagram and external PR. Leading on all player, consumer and trade communications initiatives to maximise awareness and engagement across all Bossa games pre and post release and through the development lifecycle.
We want someone to continue the Bossa success of creating and fostering unique engaged gaming communities. We have some exciting unannounced projects in the pipeline and we want an individual with demonstrable experience in building community relationships. At the same time developing engagement with the industry trade to champion Bossa Studios and raise awareness of our games in development and how we are harnessing communities throughout the development process.
We desire a strategic communicator, social media enthusiast with deep community engagement experience; someone who has a distinct finesse with messaging & comms, understands how to drive growth through communication and build strategies tailored uniquely for our game. Someone who can cultivate and manage highly diverse communities, an eye for creating and spotting engaging community moments, excellent organizational skills, and a serious passion for video games and internet culture.
For this role, you will be a creative thinker with excellent communication skills and a thorough knowledge of social & community platforms and riding the latest trends in both gaming and mainstream culture. You will be interconnected in gaming and have an astute awareness of industry news and updates. You will have a proven track record of success in a similar position in a games publisher, studio or agency.
● Be the key conduit between studio and players, nurturing a positive community environment that fosters strong bonds between its members
● Own the strategic planning, production and execution of all communication, community activities and social initiatives, for both the Bossa brand, and all existing and future products, while also managing all day to day channel activity.
● Develop an elite team around you to build an enviable reputation for best in class communication and community engagement
● Plan & execute activities such as online and offline events, content sharing (images & videos), polls, blogs, competitions.
● Devise and develop a CRM strategy as a pillar of the communications strategy
● Excellent knowledge of all social and community platforms (including Twitter, Discord, Twitch, Reddit and Facebook), staying abreast of industry news and developments, with the ability to lead engaging KPI driven campaigns that reach the right audiences on the appropriate platforms.
● Analyse and communicate community growth and engagement, creating and presenting regular reports that address, KPIs, key learnings and relevant insights, and offer informed recommendations for future improvement.
● Excellent copywriting skills, with the ability to write in an engaging manner that adapts to individual platforms and audiences, in a way that always adheres to a particular product’s brand and TOV.
● Manage all PR activities and external agencies, developing the public face of the studio and ensuring the right balance of communications across trade and consumer press with all other community channels.
● Analyse all engagement activity and frequently report and present to senior stakeholders, demonstrating how strategy and activities are contributing to ROI and growth.
● Identify and devise social opportunities to help elevate brand and product on an ongoing basis, by quickly reacting to global news stories, pop cultural happenings and industry affairs.
● Work alongside the brand marketing lead and key product and production stakeholders to effectively communicate to the communities.
● Act as the central liaison between the player community and internal partners, effectively gathering useful feedback and provide sentiment analysis.
● Ensure coordination with customer support to escalate and communicate player facing issues.
● Commercial growth marketer capable of operating individually, with a proven experience of driving ROI through awareness, engagement and reach.
● Senior or managerial level or equivalent.
● Experience in working in and around the video games industry is essential.
● Experience in creating, growing and engaging with emerging communities
● Experience in social media and community management and any relevant tools
● Experience in managing third party agencies
● Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
● Highly self-motivated and proactive with ability to work both with minimal supervision and as part of a team environment.
● Strong planning and project management skills and good analytical skills.
● Ability to work swiftly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
● The ability to keep a level head and maintain calm under pressure.
- Annual Holiday Allowance - 22 days, to increase 1 day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days. We also shut between Christmas & New Year on top of that allowance, to make sure everyone has a real break.
- Private Medical Insurance – Provided by Vitality
- Life Assurance – Tax free lump sum payment of 4 x annual salary
- Pension Scheme – We match up to 5%
- EMI Share Scheme - Generous lump sum of shares awarded upon joining which will vest over a 4 year period
- Flexible Working - Bossians now have the ability to work from home permanently if they'd prefer, and for those who still want that office environment the office is open and ready for them
- Supportive family policies - 6 months fully paid maternity leave and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Helpline
- Cyclescheme - up to £1,000 loan deducted from monthly salary over 12 month period
- Discounted gym membership
- Travel to Work Loan – Loan deducted from monthly salary over 10 or 12 month period
- Food - For those who wish to go in, free snacks, fruit and drinks in the office
- Social Events - We have fantastic company culture and loads of fun social events, lots of which are now happening digitally.