*Note - Please be aware the Bossian's will be enjoying a two week Christmas shut down from 18th December. We'll endeavour to respond to all applications w/c 4th Jan. Thank you and have a great festive break.*
Welcome to Bossa Studios! An immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves - Bossians!), who create extraordinary games that millions of people love, play and share every day.
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, London-based studio behind several critically acclaimed, YouTube-renowned hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming meme culture (Shhh… I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread, the BAFTA-winning Monstermind, and the yet to be launched Pigeon Simulator.
At the heart of Bossa’s unique way of working - whether that’s ideation, development or even marketing - is a genuine passion for collaboration; collaboration between our teams, with our players, and with all the influencers and creators around the world who regularly play Bossa games to their audiences.
While most games studios are mainly driven by their bottom-line, Bossa is leading a movement of creativity-first. We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. As we believe that’s the only way to build legacy, and the only way we can revolutionise the way in which games are experienced. Games that are truly fun and relevant to people’s lives.
So, are you ready to become part of our movement? Are you ready to be challenged to take your creativity to the next level? Are you ready to join Bossa and aid us in our ongoing pursuit to make millions of people happier every day?
If so, we might just have the perfect role for you…
We have an exciting and brand new opportunity for a Head of Business Development to partner with our Chief Commercial Officer in seeking out and creating new business opportunities and partnerships to grow Bossa’s IPs. This role will be pivotal in generating new revenue sources for the company in a way we haven’t explored before.
- Identify new business opportunities and revenue streams for Bossa’s existing & future titles
- Bring new ideas to the table & think creatively about opportunities
- Analyse market research, competitive landscape & our own performance data to identify and prioritise opportunities
- Effectively prioritise opportunities based on ROI and fit with corporate strategy
- Input into our validation process providing a perspective on potential BD opportunities
- Manage a deal from start-to-finish, working to identify the opportunities, build the business case, gain approval from the relevant stakeholders, and execute the deal
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand the implications of potential deal across functions & to secure buy-in where necessary
- Drive negotiations to get great outcomes for Bossa and partners
- Review & steer the drafting of commercial agreements
- Monitor deal performance and track efficacy relative to expectations post-close
- Maintain a network of relationships across the industry with partners, potential partners, competitors, thought leaders. Leverage relationships in opportunity identification and transaction execution.
- Be an ambassador for Bossa in any external dealings, embodying our values
- Travel to meet potential partners as needed, attend trade shows and events
- In-depth knowledge of the games market, from a business and consumer perspective
- Self-starter with very strong commercial acumen
- Strong network in the industry at senior levels
- Proven track record of deal origination, negotiation and closing
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to confidently and passionately articulate game concepts, credibly covering both creative and commercial aspects
- Experience in planning and forecasting
- Comfortable with contracts and commercial agreements; experience across a range of deal types (publishing, licencing, etc) would be preferred
- Annual Holiday Allowance - 22 days, to increase 1 day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days
- Private Medical Insurance – Provided by Bupa
- Life Assurance – Tax free lump sum payment of 4 x annual salary
- Pension Scheme – We match up to 5%
- EMI Share Scheme - Generous lump sum of shares awarded upon joining which will vest over a 4 year period
- Flexible Working - Work from home days and flexible core hours 10.00-16.00 (standard hours 09.30-18.00)
- Supportive family policies - 6 months fully paid maternity leave and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Helpline
- Cyclescheme - up to £1,000 loan deducted from monthly salary over 12 month period
- Discounted gym membership
- Travel to Work Loan – Loan deducted from monthly salary over 10 or 12 month period
- Food - Free snacks, fruit and drinks
- Social Events - We have fantastic company culture and loads of fun social event
Bossa is leading a movement of creativity-first. We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. But to excel at this we need folk from all corners of the world and walks of life. Our policy means that we are committed to diversity and inclusion beyond any legal minimums and all Bossians work together to create the ideal environment for making games and celebrating the diversity that requires.