Welcome to Bossa! We’re an immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves - Bossians!), who create extraordinary games that millions of people love, play and share every day.
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, BAFTA-winning studio behind several critically acclaimed hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming culture (Shhh… I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread, Hogwash, Monstermind, and the yet to be launched I Am Fish.
At the heart of Bossa’s unique way of working - whether that’s ideation, development or even marketing - is a genuine passion for connecting through humour, amongst our teams, with our players, and with all the influencers and creators around the world who regularly play Bossa games to their audiences.
We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. We believe that’s the only way to build legacy and games that are truly fun and relevant to people’s lives.
So, are you ready to become part of our movement? Are you ready to be challenged to take your creativity to the next level? Are you ready to join Bossa and aid us in our ongoing pursuit to make millions of people happier every day?
If so, we might just have the perfect role for you...
As a Group Management Accountant, your role will be to support the Head of Finance in the key areas of financial accounting and management; being responsible for the month-end close, preparing the Management Accounts and assisting with our budgeting and monthly reforecasting process. You will also play a key role managing the finance department.
You will be a self-starter, require little supervision once settled in, used to month-end closes and FP&A, very comfortable using MS Office, G-Suite (Googlesheets) and ideally Quickbooks Online. You will be able to navigate various systems and data sources and be able to draw upon your skills and experiences to maintain Bossa’s financial controls and processes. You will also manage and coach a junior member of staff.
- Undertake the main month-end close processes (revenue and cost accruals, fixed assets, prepayments, intercompany recs, payroll journal etc.)
- Prepare monthly group management accounts - profit & loss to budget/reforecast
- Prepare quarterly reporting packs for external investors
- Prepare weekly treasury updates
- Manage monthly payroll
- Support the Head of Finance with the monthly reforecasting process – updating departmental/project budgets and business partnering with relevant stakeholders
- Maintain and if possible, improve current financial business controls & processes
- Support Head of Finance with year-end statutory audit
- Manage and coach a junior member of staff on day-to-day operations e.g. A/P, A/R, VAT, bank reconciliations
- Support the Head of Finance with other ad-hoc projects
- Fully qualified financial or management accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Experience of consolidation and preparing group management accounts
- FP&A and cashflow forecasting experience
- Strong IT skills – Excel, Googlesheets
- Analytical, logical and able to use initiative to solve problems
- Experience of working to a monthly timeline and meeting deadlines
- Solid understanding of VAT
- Ability to identify process deficiencies and improve them
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to explain financial information in a clear way to non-financial audiences
- Honesty, integrity and discretion
- Strong people & team skills
- Willingness to always want to try and help other people in the business
- Highly organised
- Available to start mid October
● Interest in video games
● Previous experience in the video games industry e.g. R&D and/or VGTR tax credits
● General corporation tax experience
● Experience of using Quickbooks Online
- Annual Holiday Allowance - 22 days, to increase 1 day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days. We also shut between Christmas & New Year on top of that allowance, to make sure everyone has a real break.
- Private Medical Insurance – Provided by BUPA
- Life Assurance – Tax free lump sum payment of 4 x annual salary
- Group Income Protection - provided for by UNUM
- Pension Scheme – We match up to 5%
- EMI Share Scheme - Generous lump sum of shares awarded upon joining which will vest over a 4 year period
- Flexible Working - Bossians now have the ability to work from home permanently if they'd prefer, and for those who still want that office environment the office is open and ready for them
- Supportive family policies - 6 months fully paid maternity leave and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Helpline
- Cyclescheme - up to £1,000 loan deducted from monthly salary over 12 month period
- Discounted gym membership
- Travel to Work Loan – Loan deducted from monthly salary over 10 or 12 month period
- Food - For those who wish to go in, free snacks, fruit and drinks in the office
- Social Events - We have fantastic company culture and loads of fun social events, lots of which are now happening digitally.