Welcome to Bossa! We’re an immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves - Bossians!), who create extraordinary games that millions of people love, play and share every day.
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, BAFTA-winning studio behind several critically acclaimed hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming culture (Shhh… I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread, Hogwash, Monstermind, and the yet to be launched I Am Fish.
At the heart of Bossa’s unique way of working - whether that’s ideation, development or even marketing - is a genuine passion for connecting through humour, amongst our teams, with our players, and with all the influencers and creators around the world who regularly play Bossa games to their audiences.
We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. We believe that’s the only way to build legacy and games that are truly fun and relevant to people’s lives.
So, are you ready to become part of our movement? Are you ready to be challenged to take your creativity to the next level? Are you ready to join Bossa and aid us in our ongoing pursuit to make millions of people happier every day?
If so, we might just have the perfect role for you...
As an Accounts Assistant, you will support the Management Accountant and Head of Finance in the fundamental areas of financial accounting and management at Bossa Studios, ensuring all data entry is correct and managing the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable function. You will have great attention to detail, an insatiable appetite to learn on the job, be a self-starter and highly organised. You will also have to navigate multiple systems and data sources.
- Manage day-to-day banking transactions
- Ensure invoices are posted into the accounting system and correct budget accurately
- Invoicing customers
- Prepare weekly payment runs
- Liaising with external parties such as suppliers and external accountants
- Assist with monthly payroll
- Reconciling bank accounts at month-end
- Reviewing quarterly VAT returns
- Strong computer skills
- Analytical and logical problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Honesty, integrity and discretion
- Team-working skills
- Highly organised
● Passion for gaming/wanting a finance career in the video games industry
● Experience using formula in Excel and Googlesheets (pivot tables, sumifs, index matching)
● Knowledge of basic accounting concepts (double entry, accruals, prepayments)
- Annual Holiday Allowance - 22 days, to increase 1 day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days. We also shut between Christmas & New Year on top of that allowance, to make sure everyone has a real break.
- Private Medical Insurance – Provided by BUPA
- Life Assurance – Tax free lump sum payment of 4 x annual salary
- Group Income Protection - provided for by UNUM
- Pension Scheme – We match up to 5%
- EMI Share Scheme - Generous lump sum of shares awarded upon joining which will vest over a 4 year period
- Flexible Working - Bossians now have the ability to work from home permanently if they'd prefer, and for those who still want that office environment the office is open and ready for them
- Supportive family policies - 6 months fully paid maternity leave and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Helpline
- Cyclescheme - up to £1,000 loan deducted from monthly salary over 12 month period
- Discounted gym membership
- Travel to Work Loan – Loan deducted from monthly salary over 10 or 12 month period
- Food - For those who wish to go in, free snacks, fruit and drinks in the office
- Social Events - We have fantastic company culture and loads of fun social events, lots of which are now happening digitally.