Welcome to Bossa Studios! An immensely talented, daring, multicultural team of individuals (or as we like to call ourselves - Bossians!), who create extraordinary games that millions of people love, play and share every day.
Chances are, you know us as that quirky, London-based studio behind several critically acclaimed, YouTube-renowned hits, many of which have become an integral part of gaming meme culture (Shhh… I doctor now!). These include Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread and the BAFTA-winning Monstermind.
At the heart of Bossa’s unique way of working - whether that’s ideation, development or even marketing - is a genuine passion for collaboration; collaboration between our teams, with our players, and with all the influencers and creators around the world who regularly play Bossa games to their audiences.
Our mission is to make the most memorable gaming experiences possible! And to that end, we host an office-wide Game Jam once a month. From HR, to Marketers, to Game Designers, everyone splits into small teams in order to make a brand new game based on that month’s particular theme. The impact this has on Bossa culture, in terms of creativity, autonomy and teamwork, is prolific! We create 5-10 new and always incredibly innovative jamlets (what we call our early playable games!) on a monthly basis, and over our nine years of existence, we’ve selected the best ones to be brought to market, half of which have gone on to become multi-million-dollars IPs.
So, are you ready to become part of our movement?
We are looking for a Senior Game Developer to be part of our Shared Technology Team. This is an opportunity to be part of establishing better reuse practices at Bossa. Looking after both existing internal technologies and working with other departments and projects to provide innovative and practical solutions to their common problems. You will be a developer with significant experience in the game industry with a predilection to delivering solutions to common problems at Bossa and accelerating game production.
- Programming tools and solutions for your colleagues to accelerate game production and creativity.
- Designing, implementing, debugging, testing, and optimizing software architecture and features.
- Writing clean, efficient, and maintainable code.
- Supporting your teammates with code discussions, reviews, etc, to maintain software quality across the whole development team.
- Working with teammates in game development teams to ensure quality features are designed and delivered across the whole company.
- Participating in all of Bossa’s games’ life cycles with suggestions and feedback, as well as generating new game concepts during our regular game-jams.
- Care for providing a great experience to players, proving out great ideas never seen before and growing them together with our gaming community
- Improving through honest feedback from the community and together with your peers
- Believe “the best way” is not written in stone and changes for the better are welcome
- Creative and innovative in solving complex technical problems
- Simple and straightforward in solving most technical problems
- Have a passion for making and playing games across genres
- Focused but adaptable; flexible and open to change within a fast-paced team environment
- Experience with delivering code for games, having shipped multiple complete games
- Experience with making games with Unity using C#, using and advocating for game development best practices
- Experience with rapid prototyping and agile or iterative game development
- Experience with working in teams, with an appreciation for all the different skills needed to build a game
- Proven expertise in multiple game development areas (e.g. networking, rendering, gameplay, animation, optimization, etc…
- Proven record of great communication and successful championing of technological solutions
Bonus Points for
- Experience with Cloud Technologies, Docker, and general Web Development.
- Experience implementing automation, automated testing, CI/CD pipelines, and general DevOps skills.
- Experience building a reusable API, tool, or package of any form, that other developers or customers had to depend on welcome.
- Experience with Machine Learning.
- Experience working with Telemetry or Analytics Data
- Annual Holiday Allowance - 22 days, to increase 1 day after every year up to a maximum of 25 days
- Private Medical Insurance – Provided by Bupa
- Life Assurance – Tax free lump sum payment of 4 x annual salary
- Pension Scheme – We match up to 5%
- EMI Share Scheme - Generous lump sum of shares awarded upon joining which will vest over a 4 year period
- Flexible Working - Work from home days and flexible core hours 10.00-16.00 (standard hours 09.30-18.00)
- Supportive family policies - 6 months fully paid maternity leave and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 Helpline
- Cyclescheme - up to £1,000 loan deducted from monthly salary over 12 month period
- Discounted gym membership
- Travel to Work Loan – Loan deducted from monthly salary over 10 or 12 month period
- Food - Free snacks, fruit and drinks
- Social Events - We have fantastic company culture and loads of fun social events
Bossa is leading a movement of creativity-first. We create together. We laugh together. We innovate together. But to excel at this we need folk from all corners of the world and walks of life. Our policy means that we are committed to diversity and inclusion beyond any legal minimums and all Bossians work together to create the ideal environment for making games and celebrating the diversity that requires.